Eastern Spices, Heat Rising With the Sun...Today's Breakfast

I was ravenous when I woke up today. No idea exactly why, but I wanted food, a lot of it, and a lot flavor to go with it. After a few minutes of surveying my larder, I determined that I could concoct this hash treat in about forty five minutes. Now, with a full belly and a warm afterglow of spice on my taste buds, I'm ready to face the rest of the day.

I cubed two sweet potatoes, cut a red onion into wedges, seasoned it with a dash of salt, a lot of pepper, a spritz of olive oil, and a lot of Tambooli Masala. That went into the convection oven att 400 for 30 minutes.

While those veggies were cooking, I pressed and dried a block of extra-firm tofu, crumbled it, and tossed with 1/4 tsp black salt, 2 tsps tumeric, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, and a Tbsp of Tambooli Masala. I also chopped a big bunch of Red Chard into bite-sized bits, tossing these with pepper and Tambooli Masala, and my go to seasoning for everything, Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute.

10 minutes before the veggies were done, I put the tofu in a med-high heat skillet, cooking for five minutes, stirring occasionally. I put it in a bowl and set aside.

The Red Chard went into the skillet with 1/4 cup of water to steam for five minutes. Finally I pushed the Chard aside, turned the heat off, and put the tofu back in to warm.

Plating began with Chard, then veggies, and finally tofu on the side. A big dollop of vegan chipotle mayo and some fresh parsley completed the hash of the year!

I was so hungry that I ate it before taking pictures of the plated dish, but the cooked buffet is below.  This one goes in the definitely do it again and again file.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Compassion, not Judgment